Rosemary and Shiitake Turkey Frittatas
- 1 Tbsp duck fat
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, half moon sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 ½ cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 8 duck eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add duck fat and onion. Sauté until golden, about 10 min. Add rosemary, shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 5-7 min or until shiitake’s are cooked. Add parsley and season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Brown ground turkey in the same skillet and cook until done – about 10 min. Add turkey to onion/shiitake mixture and stir until combined. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- In another mixing bowl, add duck eggs and whisk.
- Line muffin tins with parchment paper and fill ¾ full with meat/shiitake mixture and then spoon egg mixture on top until muffin cups are almost full (be careful not to over fill or they will spill over in the oven).
- Bake for 10 min, rotate muffin tray and bake for an additional 10 min or until golden brown.
Beet, Walnut and Balsamic Vinaigrette Covered Mixed Greens
- 6 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup walnut halves, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, minced
- 1 red beet – shredded
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (no sulfites and no sugar added)
- 1/2-cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt
- Combine all salad ingredients except for the toasted walnuts into a large salad bowl
- Put all dressing ingredients except olive oil into a high-powered blender. Blend until combine. Slowly add olive oil to emulsify.
- Dress salad and top with toasted walnuts. Season with salt to taste. Enjoy!
Source – Justine Stenger