Lemon has a way of bringing such a bright, fresh flavour to dishes. Today I looked into my refrigerator and saw a whole bunch of organic lemons that needed to be used. What better way to use them then to make a lemon loaf?
Those delightful lemons inspired me to make an allergy friendly, grain free, nut free loaf. I have to say, it turned out divine. I served it alongside some homemade ginger lime yam soup. Delish!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Summer Lemon Loaf
Yield – 1 loaf
- 2 large organic lemons, zested and juiced
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk (nature valley)
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp fresh ground cardamom
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 6 organic eggs
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 individual sized package of coconut cream- for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine coconut flour, baking soda, vanilla powder, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk, honey and coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 40 min or until golden.
- Remove from oven and drizzle the top with coconut cream. Save the additional coconut cream for topping on your sliced loaf!
- Cool and Slice! Enjoy!
Source – Justine Stenger