Every day I get more and more excited about educating people- and helping to empower them to take better care of their health. My goal is to help people to notice what’s going on with their health – and to be a better-informed consumer of the food that they purchase and put into their bodies.
I have talked to many clients this past week that speak about how important it is to them to purchase organic animal products and they speak of the value they have on purchasing food ONLY from ethical farmers. The sad reality is that as great as their intentions are- many of these people are purchasing their meat from farmers that have farming practices little better than feed lot farming methods.
It is so wonderful to be able to tell people that they CAN buy meat that is truly organic- ethically raised. We can rest assured when we buy our food from Sunworks Farms that we are getting nothing but the very best food for our bodies and for our environment.
Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
Yield 9 burgers
- 3 lbs sunworks farms ground chicken
- ⅓ cup organic – no sugar added pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut amino’s
- 2 leeks, minced
- 1 tbsp organic- unrefined sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 pineapple – sliced into rounds and grilled
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat a medium sized caste iron skilled at add coconut oil and leeks. Sauté until leeks are golden- about 10 min. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 3-4 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl Mix together the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil, leek, garlic, and ginger mixture and salt. Add the ground chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Peel, core, and slice the pineapple into rounds.
- Form patties with your hands and lay on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 25-27 min or until cooked (internal temperature of 165)
- Grill the pineapple rounds for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve the burgers over lettuce -topped with a piece of grilled pineapple. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Against All Grains – Danielle Walker :)