I have to confess, I was eating this icing out of the bowl as if it was soup today… It is absolutely heavenly! And the best part about it is that it is FULL of nutrients! Yay for healthy icing!! For those of you who need a St. Patricks Day dessert, here you go!
PS.. Anders, this post is special for you!! xo
Vanilla Cupcakes with Orange Infused Coconut Avocado Frosting
(Paleo, SCD, Low Oxalate)
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Using mixer, combine wet ingredients until they are really well combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Batter will thicken only slightly and will resemble a pancake batter. Mix till all the lumps are gone.
- Pour into parchment lined baking cups (2/3 full) and bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool muffins for at least 30 min before frosting.
Coconut Avocado Frosting Ingredients
Yield- 1 ½ cups
- 2 Avocados
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 Tbs orange peel, grated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- pinch sea salt
- ½ Pkg coconut cream
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and combine until smooth. Place in the fridge to cool before icing.
Source – Justine Stenger