- 5 large garnet yams – washed and shredded in the food processor
- 10 Sunworks Farms chicken thighs, precooked and shredded
- 4-5 Tbsp organic harvest foods chipotle hot sauce
- 14 slices Sunworks Farms bacon (KEEP THE FAT ☺)
- 1 tbsp non – irritated paprika
- 1 tbsp Celtic sea salt- or more depending on desired taste
- 4 cups organic spinach, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay bacon slices down. Cook for 15-18 min or until bacon is done but not overly crisp.
- Remove bacon from tray and set aside to cool- make sure you reserve all the bacon fat. Once the bacon has cooled, cut the bacon into small cubes, resembling large bacon bits.
- Next, cover the baking tray (with the reserved bacon fat) with shredded sweet potato (you may have to cook your sweet potatoes in two batches – if this is the case, pour out a few Tbsp of bacon fat for your second batch) Season with salt and paprika and mix sweet potato and bacon fat until combined. Bake for 15 min or until sweet potatoes are golden brown. When the sweet potatoes are done, add 2 -3 Tbsp of hot sauce and stir to combine. Taste and adjust.
- Gather a 9 by 12 casserole dish and press ½ the sweet potato down covering the entire bottom of the casserole dish. Next, sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon on the sweet potato layer.
- Chop the spinach and layer the spinach on top of the bacon and sweet potatoes.
- Next, add the shredded chicken and sprinkle the remaining 2-3 Tbsp of hot sauce and sprinkle with salt.
- Continue with another layer of sweet potato. Make sure you press the potato down firmly so you will be able to cut the casserole in squares when you are ready to eat.
- Cover the top of the casserole dish with bacon bits and parsley and pop in the oven for 10-15 min to warm and enjoy! Make sure you serve this delicious dish with a big green salad. ☺
Source – Justine Stenger